With just a few appointments, we will be able to say goodbye to those unsightly winter feet, and sort out those cracked heels, dry skin, and thick nails.
In addition to many of the sophisticated procedures that we offer at the Sussex Foot Centre, we are also more than happy to take things back to basic.
We realise that many of our patients come to us, primarily because they want their feet to look and feel great! In the clinic, we also have a number of specialist creams which are available to buy, that you simply can’t purchase over the counter elsewhere.
If, however, you are unable to get into clinic at present, we you may want to follow some of these simple tips to help with troublesome and unsightly winter feet! These tips are kindly provided by the College of Podiatry.
- Wash Your Feet Every Day. Use warm, soapy water and take care to dry your feet well, especially between your toes — this will help to prevent fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot.
- Do Regular Calf Stretches. Get into. routine of doing these every day to help eep your feet supple and to improve flexibility.
- Pay Attention To Your Socks. Wear well-fitting socks and change them every day to avoid sweaty feet.
- Trim Your Toenails. Use proper toenail clippers — and cut them straight across, not too short and not down at the corners, as this can lead to ingrowing toenails.
- Keep Your Feet Moistruised. If the skin on your feet is dry, put moisturiser on your feet before you go to bed, avoiding between the toes (this can lead to fungal infections).
- Wear The Right Footwear. It is important to make sure your shoes are the right size for your feet. Buy footwear in the afternoon when your feet are at their largest. Get your feet measured if you are unsure of your size.
- Rotate Your Shoes. Try not to wear the same shoes two days in a row, to reduce your chances of developing a fungal infection.
- Vary Your Heel Height. Keep high heels for special occasions, as regular use can damage your feet.
- Check Your Feet Regularly. Giving your feet the once over every week will help you spot any possible problems quickly.
Here at Sussex Foot Centre, our specialist chiropodists and podiatrists offer the very best in podiatric care for our patients across Sussex, Surrey, Kent & Hampshire. From our revolutionary laser treatment for fungal nail, to cortisone injections, we offer a range of assessments, diagnostics, and treatments . To book an appointment, contact a member of our team today.
At Sussex Foot Centre we just love Diagnostic Ultrasound!Ultrasound is quick, easy, and straight forward. And the best part is that images can be seen straight away in real time. The moment the ultrasound probe comes into contact with the skin, the picture of exactly...
What is Shockwave Therapy? Shockwave therapy, or, Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), is a highly effective treatment for pain, chronic soft tissue injuries, as well as certain types of bone conditions. An extracorporeal shockwave is a non-invasive,...
Coping with chronic heal pain can be a real pain in the, well, foot. Diagnosing exactly what the issue is can also be difficult without a proper medical examination. However, a likely culprit will be plantar fasciitis – a chronic, weight bearing, repetitive...
"*" indicates required fields