At the Sussex Foot Centre, the health and safety of our patients and our colleagues is of the utmost importance. Like many businesses in the UK, we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and following the advice provided by the UK’s health authorities. In addition, we are following the guidelines of the College of Podiatry.
We wanted to update you on the actions we are taking to keep you safe and how you can keep yourselves and others as safe as possible while still coming into clinic for necessary treatment.
What exactly are we doing?
First, in line with guidance from the authorities we have increased the frequency of cleaning and the focus on hygiene management in the clinic. Specifically, we have:
– Increased the frequency of cleaning high touch areas such as door handles.
– Redoubled efforts to ensure that soap dispensers remain filled in all the WC facility.
– Increased the number of hand sanitisers and ensured they are refilled frequently Continued to remind members of the importance of good hygiene in the clinic.
Our patients are taking extra care to increase personal hygiene, which has meant demand for hand sanitiser gel and cleaning materials has increased significantly.
We will continue to do everything we can to keep the clinic well stocked.
Second, we have advised all patients on what to do when returning from foreign travel, in line with the recommendations of UK health authorities.
Third, we will keep you informed. Advice from the UK’s health authorities is very clear: the risk of a patient becoming infected if another has tested positive is very low. However, if we are notified of any relevant issue, we will notify all and undertake a thorough clean of the clinic.
As a patient, how can you help?
As a patient you can ‘do your bit’ to reduce the spread of the virus through good personal hygiene. This includes:
– Frequent hand washing (wash your hands for 20 seconds) and hand sanitising during your visits.
– Making full use of the soap, sanitisers and cleaning items available.
– Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue in the bin after use.
– Familiarise yourself with the latest Government guidance and do not visit the gym if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and are advised to self-isolate.
– Follow Government guidance if you are a returning traveller
With the efforts of everyone at the Sussex Foot Centre, including our patients, let’s work together to keep ourselves safe and healthy.
From us all